Simmons I am Not!

Wednesday, June 14, 2006














So there is no Awful Announcer for today because I didn't get to watch the game with sound. (I was at a bar all night...on a Tuesday for some reason?)

I did want to bring up a point on that final inbounds play though. Why the hell is Dirk throwing that in?!?!?! If you are going to a backdoor alley oop play, shouldn't he be in as a decoy? And shouldn't you not (Yes I know that's a double negative) throw it to the guy who is being defended by Wade who can jump through the roof? (maybe throw it against JWill [the awful defender not the autistic kid] or Gary Payton?

You see what you did Avery? You made me look like a fool for saying you were out-coaching Pat Riley, and now my ten readers think I have no credibility. (Also that collapse in the fourth ruined my prediction of a sweep, which in all actuality was a pretty dumb prediction.) (I really have to stop writing in parentheticals.....it's making me read like Bill Simmons.....and that actually makes me nauseas.) Speaking of which....has he had a new column within the last three weeks? I need my diary of the Czech vs. U.S. game which took place three days ago, and stat! Come on Bilbo.

And lastly there is a HUGE rumor about JJ coming from FreeDarko. Please read for yourself. http://freedarko.blogspot.com/2006/06/poetical-dont-last.html.

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 2:39 PM

3 Comments:

I'm new here so I have a question: do sideline reporters fall into the category of AwfulAnnouncing? Because listening to ABC's reporters actually drains my lifeforce.

Irene Done said...
Jun 14, 2006, 8:00:00 PM  

Ha Lifeforce...nice use of the term. Yes Irene...everyone is fair game.

Jun 14, 2006, 8:15:00 PM  

Yea I hear ya. I used to really like him back in the day, but he really jumped the shark. It's painful to read him now.

Jun 15, 2006, 11:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment