FOX To Announce Brian Billick As Newest Analyst

Monday, April 28, 2008


I can't for the life of me understand why networks continue to hire the most grumpy ex-coaches and players as analysts, but you can add another one to the list. Via USA Today.....

Fox will formally announce Monday that the ex-Baltimore Ravens coach, who debuted as a national TV analyst on the NFL Network's draft coverage, and didn't embarrass himself, will be a game analyst this season. He'll work both two and three-man booths, says Fox's Dan Bell, but his on-air partners haven't been set.
I just don't know about this decision. I mean Billick wasn't bad during the NFL-Network's coverage of the Draft, but he just doesn't seem like a good fit for TV to me. Hopefully he proves me wrong though.

The only thing I'm trying to figure out is where he will fit in. Will they add him to a top team like Kenny Albert and Daryl Johnston (anything to get rid of Siragusa) or team him up with a Vasgersian or Pitts?

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 10:39 AM

5 Comments:

My first thought (and dear christ i hope i'm wrong) is that he'll work with Buck and Aikman in weeks where FOX has lesser games and then with Thom Brennaman/whatever other PBP'er they bring in when they have 7+.

Anonymous said...
Apr 28, 2008, 11:39:00 AM  

AA, I think Billick is quite insightful behind the mike, and will be a nice add to Fox's coverage.

Anonymous said...
Apr 28, 2008, 2:23:00 PM  

I think he's a smart guy, but he always seems so pissed off to be alive. I hope you're right and Anon #1 you could be right on.

Apr 28, 2008, 2:26:00 PM  

AA, you are wrong. Billick has proved that he is not smart at all.

GMoney said...
Apr 28, 2008, 4:23:00 PM  

I personally think Howie Long belongs in the booth. The NFL on FOX seems to lack a great color analyst. Troy Aikman is stuck with Joe Buck which really brings him down. Tony Siragusa really belongs in the booth but his schtick on TV probably won't change and I am probably in the minority when I saw I like Baldinger. The best booth is Tim Ryan and Sam Rosen but they never get marquee games. Oh yeah, it also hurts FOX that one of the requirements are to be the son of a legendary broadcaster.

Anonymous said...
Apr 28, 2008, 7:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment